Friday, February 6, 2009

Ironic

A traffic jam when youre already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
Its like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
Its meeting the girl of my dreams
And then she's already with somebody else
Isnt it ironic...Dont you think? A little too ironic. 

Well this is just some of the lines of the song Ironic by Alanis Morisette. Life indeed is [sometimes, or for some, most of the times] ironic. Yesterday, I think I felt what Alanis Morisette felt when she wrote the song above. So I thought about it last night. Why life is so ironic? 

I'm not really quite sure as to how life is ironic. I'm not quite sure if what I thought was sound or right but I think it is. I think that people dont expect things to happen or that the end results are contrary to their plans/expectations because they screw things up. I mean we all have free will and we control our lives. Right? Some people [like me] just made the wrong decision or chose the bad option that is why the end result is contrary to their[my] plans. Simple as that I think. A man can use another route wherein there is much less traffic yet that man chose a route wherein the traffic was heavy. Or I could've ask her earlier than anybody else but I chose not to because I chickened out. 

I mean we control our lives and we must also be responsible for it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment